Brighton Electrical Control Room (ECR) Refurbishment Project for Network Rail9th August 2021
Brighton Electrical Control Room (ECR) Refurbishment Project for Network Rail
Brighton ECR is classified as a security-protected facility in Brighton. The accommodation strategy for the route anticipates the transfer and co-location of 18 resources from Selhurst ECR to Brighton ECR. The current ECR is already close to capacity and any increase in occupation will exceed the threshold for meeting basic welfare/spatial requirements.
This project was an Enable Consortium delivery with Equate Design executing the design for the works and Enable Hire supplying the plant which allowed BCM to update the facilities increasing the capacity of the ECR, ensuring that the site was of a high standard to accommodate staff. This was Delivered through the NR Buildings Asset Management Framework. The Mobile Operations Manager (MOMs) and Local Operations Manager (LOMs) teams who were housed in the ECR were relocated during the works at which point the ECR can be refurbished to accommodate the additional resources.
Talya Carim, Project Manager for Network Rail said:
“BCM have delivered works to an exceptional standard and to the satisfaction of the client. There have been no incidents and BCM have demonstrated compliance with NR standards, both in design and safety. BCM are capable of operating in a complex environment, where the refurbishment works were being carried out in an operational ECR, where important functions are performed on a daily basis”
The deliverable for the project were:
- Internal layouts for the proposed works showing the amenities requested in the requirements document
- MEP survey to ensure that capacity can be delivered
- 2 stakeholder meetings for the sign off of the layouts
- Refurbishment works as per the layouts produced and signed off, including all MEP works required
- CDM deliverables (WPP and CPP) for the works. The supplier will be the Principal Contractor for the works
- Cost loaded programme for the works